09 March 2009

hiii! In yesterday's Sunday Times or lifestyle, there was an article on calling people 'aunty' and 'uncle' right. Man, it really hit home. I mean generally my fashion sense is still quite teenagey and I've been mistaken to still be in school (WOOHOO!) but there are always these random nutters who call me AUNTY and I get all aaargh. Like last year, when I went from NUS to music class, the mother of the kid there (who knew I was still in uni) said "See how well that Aunty ...smth smth smth" - I couldn't even hear the rest coz my brain just blanked out at the aunty part!! I mean seriously?! The girl's barely10 years younger than me! SIGH. And also this incident. So sad. Just wanted to add in my brainless feedback on that article hehe.

Had my FIRST class-teaching experience today!!! For the Art Outreach programme. It was such an interesting experience! In Cedar, I remember as art rep and chem rep, I used to hate going to the front of the class and asking everyone to hand in their stuff. It was really unnerving. I always used to get the people around me to help out (yes yes scaredy-cat I was). And thankfully today, when faced with a whole class of 40 primary 5 students, that didn't happen! I actually managed to shout and kill my throat instead of being all shy. It was great. The only problem I had was when some nut in the class made a dumb joke and started talking and making noise, I felt compelled to smile/laugh instead of asking him to shut it. I need to work on my 'anger' skill heh.

And finally, to the 5th year meddies, the much-anticipated day is finally here!! Just 3 more weeks and you'll all be doctors, making everyone proud of you and ready to start a new chapter of your lives :) Even I can't wait for it to end! heh. So All the best, Good luck, God bless (and everything else of that nature)!!!

7 scribbles:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! =)

-S

Anonymous said...

great!! im so glad you're having fun doing something u really like and are good at :)

deviousdiv said...

a teacher babe? so appropriate. :)

How is it going so far? Any plans to go into NIE?

~div

archana said...

loose1, you're welcome :D

loose2, dunno whether I'm good at it but I'm definitely enjoying it :) thanks!

loose3, why appropriate?! do you see me as a teacher? heh. I want to try out proper relief teaching before I consider NIE and all coz right now I'm doing this volunteering thing where the class is a slack, non-examinable one. It'll be very different teaching impt stuff! Unfortunately all the schools in this area are full :( and cedar too, sadly!

Anonymous said...

ya man, i can totally pic u as a teacher... and of cos a v good overly correcting mom... :P

Anonymous said...

hey aa, ya i can totally pic u as a teacher... and of cos a v good overly ruley mom... :P
btw, i can pic div as a teacher too!!! :)

archana said...

omg what a repo I have got 0.o hiiii padma I've NEVER seen you here! :D

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey