11 December 2008

hiii! Today's Karthigai! Lots of lamp-lighting was done, and tomorrow there'll be a grand bonfire at the temple. Everyone's TV's probably tuned to the channel showing the ceremony and prayers going on at Thiruvannamalai. And we keep hearing crackers sporadically. Since there are only oldies here, and me, we didn't burst any crackers or play with sparklers here. But did light up lots of clay lamps and place them all over the house, especially at the entrance! It looks so lovely.

Speaking of old, a primary school bus stopped outside the house today afternoon and as usual I was sitting out in the balcony doing today's crossword. And a whole lot of kids were having a heated discussion about something, and suddenly one of them saw me and told the others "eh there's someone there!" and they all turned to me and said "Hi aunty!"!! 0.o AAARGH. I am so depressed now. I just waved sadly at them sigh.

But on a happier note, the England-India test has started! And finally I get to watch it on a normal screen instead of the mosaic in Singapore. It's actually taking place in Madras!!! If it was a One-Day, I'd have forced people to go with me to watch it, but since it's just a test match, I'm not insisting. Yay I love cricket! Okay dinner time, byee!

8 scribbles:

Neeti said...

HAHAHHAA AUNTY :D Archana Maami, we've just been proved right. :D *smug*

Anonymous said...

"Hi aunty!" hahahaha

Sorry la i know its painful (similar stuff happened to me before) but its still v funny :P

-S

Anonymous said...

hahaha...the truth hurts arch, accept it :P tc

archana said...

sigh. nutti, maami's a million times worse man, pls vendaam.

S, you at least look old so it's understandable :D

charan, SIGH.

Anonymous said...

AUNTIEEE:D;D

you can't hide from what you are, AA/AM

*hugs* we still love you as a maami

archana said...

sigh you guys are supposed to make me feel better..

Anonymous said...

heehee... Hi there auntie!
=P

Dun worry we are all aunties together. haha...

Aish R said...

arch!! hi! its nostalgia rushing in as i read ur posts on india man. making me miss it so much! and missing u too!:)and hope bombay goes on safe & sound. see ya soon!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey