19 November 2008

Yan can cook, so can I! :D

ok not like it was some high-level gourmet dinner but I think yesterday was the first time I've actually cooked for someone who wasn't me (teenu's not counted. he's inhuman.) And no one's complained of any stomachache yet :D well I did get some help for the final preparations but still.

Actually yesterday morning, I woke up with dread, mainly coz I didn't want the water to run out while my hands were smelling of onions. But also hoping that everything would turn out fine, considering the last time I made something, it was screwed-up yogurt. Then I had this realisation while talking to krups; that cooking was pretty much like art, just being bold and experimenting. And neela also said that I can do whatever I want in the kitchen, coz it's my food! SO I think I might actually start experimenting more.. Even though I said that my cooking quota's been taken care of for the next 6 months :P Ok but friends, this doesn't mean I'm going to cook for all of you! Only for myself, coz God knows how it'll turn out. And will give some to teenu. He eats so much junk that it won't make a difference. So here's to one more form of art which I'm gonna pursue! (other that painting, photography, music and jewellery-making :P)

Kitchen, beware.

2 scribbles:

Anonymous said...

Dun be so scared la dinner yesterday was fine! =)

- S

archana said...

hehe thanks :) you practise too!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey