30 November 2008

I'm sure blogs and everything are monitored nowadays. So I'm not gonna talk about the hatred. Will talk about the sadness instead. Waking up daily to read yet another tragedy in the headlines.. I'm just getting more and more cynical about the world now. And seeing how Bombay, my favourite Indian city always full of vibrance and life, is being brutally bloodied and burnt.. it's just plain painful. Every single time I see the Taj Mahal hotel in flames, I think of the time last year when we'd all gone there to check it out, and Nariman's Point, and now things will never be the same again. It's just like Marina Beach in Madras, I can never go there now without thinking of the 2004 tsunami and the hundreds of thousands of lives lost. Why does there have to be so much death? Death of so many innocent people. Sigh.

And I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared. We'll be in Bombay in about 20 days for a huge family function and who knows how the situation will be then?! And my grandparents are practically alone there now.. I can't even imagine how they're feeling. Appa's going to Bombay even earlier. In 10 days time. AAAH. Can only pray hard. And amma and I will be in Madras in 3 days. The situation there isn't all that fab too. Half the city is underwater thanks to torrential rains. Which means an exponential increase in mosquitoes and power cuts. Sigh.

Ok but I should be thankful. At least everyone I know is still alive.

0 scribbles:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey