12 April 2010

hiiiiiiiii! The weekend was spent highly productively. Which means 2 days of slacking AND engaging in different activities, thereby making it so much more fun than normal boring work days.

I went to WAVEHOUSE SENTOSA!!! With sb and 2 of his pals. Completely new experience. And people who know me ask "vaat. you went surfing?!?!". Not surprising to ask hehe. And it's not exactly surfing, but something that simulates it. If you go to the website, you'll see two "rides", Flow Rider and Flow Barrel. Naturally we did the basic one, Flow Rider. Just that it wasn't that basic.

It's made up of a slide with a constant current of water. So when I saw the photos, I thought Oh good, this is just a slide down. heh it wasn't. The water was actually flowing upwards! Coz when you surf, you go against the wave (? I think. I dunno the technical stuff hehe). So this similarly has water constantly flowing towards the top, and when you ride the surf, you need to control the board so you're "flying" over the water!

There are 2 types of boards. The body board was slightly easier. More controllable I guess. So you lie flat on your stomach on a float (like the ones used when learning swimming) and use your arms to float over the water. The other one's a typical surf board. So you use your feet to control that. MAJORLY failed at that hehehe. Oh and what happens when the board turns even a little? The water takes over and pushes you all the way up! It's like getting engulfed by a current of water and not knowing what happens until you hit a cushiony wall! Actually the video on the website shows it very well. I should've watched it before going, to see what we were in for :P

So the wipe-out happened A LOTTTTT of times. Luckily the whole group of us weren't that pro, except this tiny little vellai kid who was awesome! Rest all failed just as badly so it was super fun. A little on the ex side though. $35 for an hour! But good if you wanna try something new :D

Now my body hurts like MAD and I can't move my neck. It's all good pain though. Reminds me of yesterday :D I shall go sleep now, goodnight!

2 scribbles:

Anonymous said...

you left out the most impt part; abt how u managed to stand on the real board right at the end! haha...

it was uber fun man...

-S

archana said...

didn't wanna show off :P and i forgot to mention that you guys were awesome!

eh and i saw the video properly. SO COOL. that is our goal k :D like that mottai ozzie pro.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey