28 June 2009

hiii. After months of group rehearsals for our first ever music concert as a separate music academy, the performance is finally over! It was alright I guess. I'd felt goosebumps when we sang the songs during the rehearsals, but felt kinda well, bored :P, on stage coz from where I was, it didn't even sound like one united voice as it did in the practice sessions. But apparently it sounded good from the audience. Anyway, I'm writing all this coz.. during these 4-5 months, I was definitely whining to everyone about the erratic timings, waiting for ages for the class to start, using up my individual classes for group classes, etc. And this morning, I was all set to start off my usual classes again, now that the programme's over. But my teacher told me to call the rest of the group too. And all of us were like ??! what on earth man. We've spent SO much time on practice already, what now, the next programme for sept? Or some competition?? And all my teacher said was that she wanted to congratulate all of us, in person, as feedback from the audience said that our group rocked the show! That's so awesome to hear (and nothing new :P) but still, I finally put my feet in teacher's chappals and realised how much effort she's put into this - choosing songs, writing out the words and notations, calling everyone for classes and organizing everything. And how much she wanted it to be a success. And all I did was grumble about the fact that I was wasting all my weekends on just classes and rehearsals. Sigh. Majorly guilt-ridden now. And today also I snapped at everyone for no reason coz I thought dammit one more class gone, when all she wanted to do was personally talk to us about the show. Siiiiigh. Sorry, to all victims.

Anyway, another thing that happened was. Last week, I went to office and saw an email that "Yesterday was xxx's last day of service" and that he was terminated due to poor responsibility, etc. I was really shocked man. This guy joined on the same day as me, and we both had absolutely no experience in this line. So we learnt everything together and in a way he was the first friend I made in this job. And I'd just seen him that afternoon and asked what he was doing at the site. He was obviously completely clueless about the firing. And what a shock he must've got when he returned to office and was told to pack up. omg. So I just had to ask the HR person what happened and she told me he didn't fit in there. So that's it. One evening he goes back to office, and in the snap of a finger, jobless. SO awful :( And I went home super emo and spoke to my parents and appa said "welcome to the working world, my dear girl". That about sums it up.

3 scribbles:

Anonymous said...

must've been a shock seeing that notice up there. But like ur dad says, i guess thats life..

-S

deviousdiv said...

:( How sad. Some companies can be so heartless. And the poor chap didn't even know about it. What a nasty way to tell him- by sending an email to the whole department.

~div

archana said...

hey nono they told him in person the previous day, but I was at a site so didn't know about it. Not that heartless heh but it was shocking for me coz I totally didn't see it coming. Not THIS early at least! Like within 2 months of employment :-/

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey