02 August 2009

hello world.

1. Participated in my first Sporting competition yesterday. I'm not counting the New Paper Big Walk which was a really slow leisurely 10km walk with lots of yakking. This one was the OSIM Triathlon, where my company decided to take part in the Mini Triathlon Relay. So it's the easiest of the lot, and I took up the 10km cycling bit. I'd tried out 10km a coupla weeks back at ECP and took 40min. But I found out yesterday that we had to complete in about 20min! So ya I turned out to be one of the last ones, which was highly embarrassing. Coz everyone said how easy it was. And I even felt really dizzy after that and had about 4 glasses of 100 Plus before being able to stand up again. But my colleagues said the most important thing was finishing it, not how fast. So I got my first Finisher's medal (much to teenu's shock :P) and it's proudly hanging on my doorknob now :) Got to get my stamina up somehow!

2. Life's alright, really busy but there are days which end on time because I escape the office before my boss gets back from whichever site he's at. It's pretty unreasonable sometimes. But I really like the work I'm doing. If only the environment wasn't so DAILY-overtime-but-no-extra-compensation-fied.

3. Europe blog has been updated! Budapest is now complete. Coming up next: Salzburg :)

4. Had a lovely time with the tam bram gal pals yesterday plus 1 :D I really miss you all! And I miss you too, tho there were much longer periods of time before. But I won't say my social life is completely kaput coz I try to meet people on lunch dates when I'm at central sites in the city area hehe. Still. Really cannot wait for the National Day holiday!

k goodnight! 5 more months and this year is over!!! gosh.

2 scribbles:

Anonymous said...

weekend coming up! =) looking forward to it man!

-S

archana said...

:) ya seriously.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey