I woke up this morning with a sense of inspiration, and a burst of energy. Haven't felt that in a while. But somehow, I just knew that the rest of the day, maybe even week would go well. Could be coz of my niiice night-dreams :P But whatever it was, I loved it. Actually before sleeping, I'd written out a whole blog entry in my head, and forgot most of it when I woke up. Let's see what I can remember.
Basically, I was thinking about life. Not the first time, I've had these deep reflections about life over the last year, when I had time on my hands. It's really not that long. And after 60, it's tougher to do things which you could've done earlier. And I do not want that sense of regret. There's nothing that can be done to reverse it, and the regret will just stick on for the rest of life. So in the next 10-15 years, what I consider the prime age, I want to do as much as I can. There's just so much to see, to learn, to experience. The world is enormous, and cultural diversity is really vast. I guess it would be crazy to want to experience every single thing before life ends, but that's my goal! Travelling's just part of it. Trying different cuisines (drawing the line at non-veg!!), different activities, and even changing routines and doing different things everyday - it's impossible to say that life is boring. In fact, I get really confused when people say they're bored with life. How the heck is that possible?! And I also realised how sucky my general knowledge is heh. So decided to take more interest in things going on around the world (NOT people's gossip. Ok maybe sometimes :P)
There was a movie, The Bucket List, which we watched last April, towards the end of my term. It suddenly came to mind last night. And maybe I should start writing one now. It's never too early right. The definition still stands - Things you wanna do before you die.
Definitely work and family will make it challenging to achieve all of this. So first step would be to really LIVE each day. Quit complaining about things which aren't even that bad, and love life so much that everyday will be a great experience! It'll be great don't you think! There's a silver lining in every single job. At least in mine, I appreciate how there are constantly new projects to be done. And I enjoy interacting with everyone at work. That makes me really look forward to each day! At this point. And there's always something awesome during the week to look forward to even more :D
I think the other thing I was thinking about was how I feel more mature now. I actually feel it. Ok I'm still childish in tonnes of ways and can talk to younger people with much more ease than older ones heh. But my outlook's changed. Not overnight.. it's been like this over the last year maybe? When I had all that reflection time heh. There are things I would/wouldn't do now which even last year I wouldn't/would. And thinking more with my head than my heart, thereby reducing the number of idiotic things done :P I guess it ties in with the whole loving life thing. I've opened my eyes.
11 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 scribbles:
Sounds like quite a revelation haha... GOod for you la. I think reflection is impt; and the older we get the less inclined we are to spend time on it (save perhaps retirement)
Keep up the gd attitude! =)
-S
hehehe thanks for commenting. i'm so alpams :P
but rly, it helps make the days so much better. just hope it lasts sigh. knowing me...
Post a Comment