I had my FIRST relief teaching experience today. Got a call yesterday and thought
1. I could either slack the whole of today and prepare for my internship starting tomorrow, or
2. Take up this relief teaching stint which I've wanted to for so long, as I don't know when I'll get the opportunity again.
I'm really glad I chose the second one. It gave me an insight to the teaching world, and in this confused state that I am, it helped me make a few decisions. Definitely today's thing is not how an actual day would be as I was absolutely clueless on what to do, and rules and stuff. If I had a class, I'd have a few methods of teaching and all I guess, but obviously couldn't do all that in just one day. So well, the scolding them part was actually better today as compared to the Art Outreach thing, but maybe that's what slightly put me off at this point. I just feel that a teacher would have to constantly be stern and not be all smiley and fun coz that's it, they'll just majorly take advantage of you! And I don't know if I want to be like that coz I generally don't like scolding people :P But I'm not completely ruling it out. I just know that at this point, I will pursue an office job, and then maybe after a few years or more, see how things go! Let's first see how tomorrow goes :)
7 scribbles:
Hmm...
I don't remeber scolding my kids so much, even though they were incorrigible little monsters. In fact, I had a lot of fun with them.
But the teacher must come across as impervious to the students's taunts and pranks because they can smell fear and take advantage. They often 'test' the teacher in the first few classes to see how far they can push. If the teacher looks young, even worse.
All the best for tomorrow BTW! :)
I too am looking into Teaching as an option in the distant future.
Hee hee hee.
~divi
I see you have failed to blog since you started at your job! HMPH. :P
Can't wait to see you on Friday! :D Wheeee
thanks divi!! :)
nutti, hehe. Okok I will update.
WHERE'S THE UPDATE!
hehe, no pressure!
:P
<3
eh neeti, she's got the velai disease.
When u get back from work, your brain oozes out of your ear and you melt into the sofa unable to move.
It will take a while to get back on track. ;)
no pressure ah! mannu!
yaa like div says. ok well not exactly to THAT extent, but there's no way I feel like blogging when I only get about an hour to slack at home! :P will be back sometime.. eppovadhu heheh.
Post a Comment