20 February 2009

hiii! Got inspired by nutti's really cute new template and decided to check out the website for something less boring than my previous one. So here it is! It's called Pyjama Party and it's blue so it works :D

Still doing job apps but there have been a coupla breaks here and there. Nothing has changed yet but will update when I actually sign a job contract. Other than that, I've started volunteering with the Art Outreach Programme which is a non-profit organization that aims to promote and teach art to the society. It's highly interesting and I look forward to the sessions! Also signed up with organizations like SINDA and NLB but have yet to do anything useful. There's also paatu class keeping me busy as usual.

Yesterday's Art Outreach session was at Jurongville Secondary School. Since I'm a novice, I opted to just sit at the back of the classroom while a veteran, also an NUS graduate, did the teaching. It was great. I was back in a classroom (complete with the class joker, action bedek, back-bencher and over-eager-beaver) for the first time since '01. Since it was a non-examinable art lesson, the kids were typically noisy so I have a feeling it'll take me a while to get used to teaching. Really good experience and it'll make me decide whether or not to consider teaching as a career (since relief teachers are not at all needed at the moment!).

Celebrated Valentine's Day a few days late at East Coast Beach. We went to Scruffy Murphy's, an Irish pub, for dinner. Totally NOT a romantic atmosphere but the beach more than made up for it :D but anyway, it was wonderful! Food was really good and reasonably priced. Best veggie burger I've tasted so far. And they have a TV screen inside so just imagine how exciting it would be to watch a soccer match with all the fans! Felt all nostalgic with Euro '08 memories. Very nice feel. And what better place to walk off all the heavy food than the long stretch of beach. It was great.
And thanks for the lovely roses, they're now making my table look a 100x prettier :)

I'm trying to pack my days with as much activity as possible as my productivity turns out much better this way. There's always something great to look forward to everyday!

K, time to plan out tomorrow. byeee.

0 scribbles:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey