17 September 2008

Time's flying at a crazy speed. It's mid-September and January's events are still fresh in my head. I'm sure everyone feels this way, but it's surprising that even though i'm joblessly sitting at home (literally), time's still flying! It makes me wonder how things will be when i do actually get a job. And God only knows when that's gonna happen :/ But anyway, i'm still searching.

Thatha and Patti are leaving this saturday for the cousins' house. I'll definitely miss them. Been spending most of my time with them this last month and the house is gonna be so empty again. Of course the workload will decrease immensely so maybe i'll have more time to dedicate to the job hunt. It's so heart-warming to see how happy they are though. They look visibly healthier thanks to the presence of family, as compared to being all alone in that huge house in Bombay. But it's good that they've only got less than 2 months there before the house gets completely packed for Thatha's 80th birthday celebrations in December. Really looking forward to that and spending time as a huge family and especially hanging out as a group! Though I forsee lots of bullying hmph.

This weekend was a terrific one. Celebrated a sad and painful (hehe) event with awesome people.

All those years of reading romance novels made me dreamy and that's where the "moony" in moony loony comes from heh. Ok well I do admit that I've gotten more cynical about life and love and happily-ever-afters over the last few years. Growing up sucks! But it's wonderful to realise that all that does still exist in the mostly cold world out there. Smelling the salty sea and white sand on the beach, having moonlit strolls with music in the background, and eating (chocolate!) ice-cream while watching fireworks. I never expected all these to come true on the same day, and the best part was, everything was way better than I'd even imagined. Thank you so much for making this birthday unbelievably memorable and more amazing than I'd even thought possible :)

The next day was spent with me smiling at the stupidest things hehe and lazing around the house as much as I could. We celebrated nutti's dad's 50th with a nice surprise party. He was truly surprised, which was great! Really good job by nutti and everyone else who helped. It was such a happy event and it was nice to see people say really nice things about someone who deserved it fully! Sad part was, I really missed the g12-ers! All those nuts who've gone abroad for university :( you guys were missed BADLY. Can't wait to see you all again soon!

I got home really hyper about midnight, when all the fun usually starts. Called charan R - a yearly ritual - and we sang to each other :D And after that I was just thinking Omg the activity this year is way less than last year's! Maybe birthdays aren't what they used to be anymore.. It's just another year gone by and why on earth am I getting so excited about this day! I think I haven't fully grown up yet and I still think I'm 12 :P But that said, it was an awesome day. Was woken up by a call from my grandparents in Chennai and the rest of the day just went by with me savouring every moment. Thanks to everyone for the lovely gifts! And all that CHOCOLATE. omg. AMAZING stuff. Had a lovely time with closest pals and my family that day. And that's why I love birthdays. When you feel loved and seriously it's not the gifts, it's the wonderful wishes and blessings that everyone showers on you. AAH SO NICE :)

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

I'm gonna go watch Gossip Girl episode three. Season 2 is as trashy as Season 1 had promised. byee.

2 scribbles:

Aish R said...

i had a great time too, was so chocolate-heaven wasnt it :)

and yes! its so nice having people in the house and then sadly empty when they leave. but at least u hv india trip to look forward to! :D

archana said...

sigh yaaa. but yes, i'm looking forward to it for sure!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey